Are you planning to open a bank account in Haiti? We have combined the list of best banks in Haiti for you. Residents and visitors to Haiti can open bank accounts in both local and foreign currencies.
Best banks in Haiti
The article will help you to choose a suitable bank for you to open an account in Haiti.
- SPIH – It allows you to make transfers made in the Haitian banking network, without clearing delay.
- Exchange – Get a hassle-free currency exchange.
- Box – It allows you to keep your precious goods such as jewellery or important documents in a secure place.
Any customer with a bank account (current account, savings checking account, savings account, term deposit) or any person authorised by the account holder is eligible to use CAPITAL BANK ONLINE.
This service is available to Capital Cardholders who do not have Capital Bank accounts. With a Capital Bank account, however, online credit card payment is a breeze, and payment is available right away. If you want to take advantage of this Capital Bank, we invite you to open an account at one of our locations.
Citi’s unique global network of people, data, and relationships fosters a mindset that enables us to spot opportunities, manage risks, and connect the dots for our clients in ways that few others can.
- Traditional brokerage accounts
- Managed accounts
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Retirement Plans for Your Business
- Personal Banking.
- Credit Cards.
- Home Equity.
UNIBANK SA, which was founded in 1993 and is owned by Haitian private investors, is a Société Anonyme de Banque Commerciale with a share capital of 7,000,000,000 Gourdes. Its main activities include banking, finance, credit, and banking operations. exchange, both within and outside of Haiti, within the legal framework governing banking activities.
- Business Online Banking.
- Remote Deposit Capture (RDC)
- ACH Origination.
- Domestic & International Wires.
- Positive Pay.
- ACH Debit Blocks and Filters.
- Line of Credit Sweep Service.
- Zero Balance Accounts.
How many banks are there in Haiti?
Can I open a bank account in Haiti?
To open a personal bank account, you’ll need the following documents:
- Valid driver’s license or passport
- Permit to Reside
- Address proof is required (rent receipt, electricity bill, accommodation contract)
- A minimum of HTG 2,500 is required.
- A filled-out application form
The following documents are required to open a bank account as a legal entity or company:
- A filled-out application form Bylaws of the company
- Copy of the “Le Moniteur” edition of the national gazette in which the company was registered.
- Minutes of the last General Assembly electing, amending, or renewing the Board of Directors Proof of company address
- A valid operating license Company’s tax identification number
- If the account is opened in local currency, an initial deposit of 25,000 HTG (approximately $257 as of September 2021) is required.
- If the account is opened in US currency, an initial deposit of USD 2,500 is required.
Controls on foreign exchange
The government of Haiti does not place any restrictions on capital inflows or outflows. International transfer operations and remittances are governed by the Law of 1989. Remittances are Haiti’s main source of foreign currency, accounting for roughly a quarter of the country’s GDP in 2020.
Foreign payments and other fund transfer transactions are not subject to any restrictions or controls. While there are limits on how much money can be withdrawn per transaction, there are no limits on how much foreign currency residents can keep in their bank accounts, and there is no limit on how much money they can send abroad.