What are the Legal Protections Given to Refugees?
How can I Apply?
To seek refugee status, you must be present in Ecuador and begin the process as soon as possible. It should be within 90 days after entering the national territory. You DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT ANY DOCUMENTS. But, if you have an ID or another documentation that validates your application. Please bring it with you when you submit it.
- The humanitarian visa is issued to applicants for refugee status. The individuals who are applying for asylum. And, are waiting for their international protection status to get accepted or refused. This visa is valid for 180 days.
- The international protection visa is issued to acknowledged refugees. The international protection law entails a temporary two-year stay, renewable for the same amount of time.
- Click on www.gob.ec
- Enter the term Refugio into the search engine and click on the magnifying glass.
- You’ll be given three alternatives; choose Determinación de la Condición de Refugiado o Apátrida (Refugee Status Determination or stateless person).
- A website will open with general information about the procedure; scroll to the bottom and click the Ir al trámite en la (Go to Online Procedure) option.
- On this page, you must provide your information, including an email address.
- Use a personal email account that you can easily access, as this is where you will get all information regarding your treatment.
- When you’ve finished filling it up, hit the continuar (continue) button. A screen will then display requesting you to input the confirmation code (confirmation code).
- Log in to your registered email account and look for an email with the subject Código de confirmación (Confirmation code).
- Open the email, copy the code, and paste it into the newly formed window.