If you have already a work permit, or you are Turkish or a Turkish Cypriot, you can just go down to see how to find a job in Izmir.
If you don’t have a work permit, the first thing you need to do is to find a job. So go down to see how to find a job in Izmir.
If you are not a Turkish national, you can still look for work in Izmir but you cannot get a work permit on your own. To get a job in Izmir, you need to have a job offer first. An employer, or a consultancy company, or a work agency should apply for a work visa in your name, once they have decided to employ you.
If you are abroad, you can apply through the local Turkish consulate to get your work visa. If you are in Izmir, your boss applies, together with you, for your work permit.
If you need a short visa to visit Izmir and see around, look at this article on how to apply for a visa for Turkey.
How to find a Job in Izmir?
You can start looking around at some useful job listing websites.
- Google: when you start job hunting, a simple google search can be a good start. Look for the kind of job you would like to do, for example, “Arabic tutor in Gaziantep” or “Delivery driver in Ankara”. Use the language that you feel most comfortable speaking. Don’t stop at the first pages and go deep with your search. You’ll get an immediate feeling of what’s around and of which job websites are best suited for your needs.
- Facebook Jobs: can be also an option to start to see what’s around you. You can also ask around in the Facebook groups that are relevant to your profession, or your language or nationality, or just relevant to your wider interests.
- Kariyer.net is maybe the most popular Turkish job search site. It is only in Turkish.
- Indeed is one of the most popular job sites in Izmir. It is written in Turkish.
- Yenibiris A Izmir job search site.
- Eleman.net Another very popular job site in Turkish.
- Jooble is also quite a big website.
- Mitula is another classified ads platform with a section about careers.
- Sahibinden.com is one of the most popular shopping classified platforms in Izmir, and in the world, where people and businesses buy and sell a wide range of stuff and services. It has good job listings as well. It’s free for everyone looking for a job.
- Secret CV Turkey For help in finding work in Izmir,
- Learn4Good.com Includes job listings,
- İşkur is available in Turkish and English, for other languages you will have to Google Translate the website. İşkur is the website of the national employment agency of Turkey. It has offices in all the provincial capitals. While it is focused on Turkish workers, you can find jobs in any given province. In most cases, it would be a necessity to be able to speak basic Turkish, but it’s definitely somewhere to look for opportunities.
Iskur Job Postings https://iskurisilanlari.com/ is also a valid job posting resource