If you have already a work permit, or you are Somali, you can just go down to see how to find a job in Somalia.
If you don’t have a work permit, the first thing you need to do is to find a job. So go down to see how to find a job in Somalia.
How to get a Work permit In Somalia?
Expatriates looking for work in Somalia must get a work permit. Expats must have a steady sponsor for the duration of their stay in the nation to do so. It is simpler to do if the job you’re looking for is long-term. As sponsorship may get acquired from the firm you’re working for.
It is worthwhile to contact your local embassy for more information about Somalia work visas.
How to find a job in Somalia?
You can start looking around at some useful job listing websites.
- Google: when you start job hunting, a simple google search can be a good start. Look for the kind of job you would like to do, for example, “Arabic tutor in Gaziantep” or “Delivery driver in Ankara”. Use the language that you feel most comfortable speaking. Don’t stop at the first pages and go deep with your search. You’ll get an immediate feeling of what’s around and of which job websites are best suited for your needs.
- Facebook Jobs: can be also an option to start to see what’s around you. You can also ask around in the Facebook groups that are relevant to your profession, or your language or nationality, or just relevant to your wider interests.
- Career jet: You have heard about this website. It helps in finding jobs in Somalia.
- UN Career: It is an official website for finding jobs in Somalia.
- Linkedin: It is a professional website for finding jobs.
- Overseas Job: It is also a website for finding jobs by sitting at your place.
- Go Abroad: This is also a good job portal