The Visa application process has been done these days very smoothly. Some of the countries offer online applications for visas and some offline. In the case of France, the visa application has to apply to the online portal.
Although the process is much simpler, you need some of the required documents. These documents are mandatory to get your application processed. The applicants need to apply through an online portal. You need to submit your form online and need to submit other various documents as well. The submission of the visa application includes a form signed by you, valid passports. You must have the original copies of the documents which you uploaded on the system.
How to get a Schengen visa for France?
Important and Mandatory documents you need to submit along with your online application:
- The most essential and mandatory documents required for the visa process is Passport. You can also use any other travel document which is legal and provided by your country. The Passport must be valid for at least three months after your return date from Schengen Area. The document or Passport must be in good condition and not issued before ten years.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs are needed in the specified format, i.e., ISO/IEC (pdf).
- For all the documents, you need both original and photocopies. This will be depending on your situation and on which plan you have chosen.
Important: The documents must be in the French or English language. Documents that are in languages other than French or English need to be presented in French. You may translate them into the English language. But the French language is preferable.
Check whether your country is eligible or not!
- Before applying for the Visa, you also need to check whether your country is eligible for the Visa or not. If your country is suitable, then you need to fill out the online application form. You will get various guidelines while filling the online application form. You can also get a demo to fill out the application form before filling the online application form.
- Please keep a note of these things you need to keep in mind while submitting or validating your form.
- At the time of validating or printing your application, you’ll be asked to create your account. This will be your account, which may use as the account for future reference.
- This account will also save your partially or filled application form.
- After completing the above steps, you will receive a list of the required documents. Along with the documents list, you will also be able to book your appointment.
- If your home country is not eligible for the visa application, then please check the appropriate procedure in your country. This page is available on the application page with your country.
There are different types of Visa Category available:
- Touristic Visit
- Business Meeting/Commerce
- Official Visit
2- OFFICIAL VISA
- Assigned for duty
3- STUDENT – EDUCATION VISA
- Internship Visa
- Course Purpose
- Education Purpose
When applying for a Schengen Visitor Visa, what documents are required?
The required Schengen Visa documents for visiting families, friends are as follows:
- Form for application for a Schengen visa. It is filled with all the information required.
- The two passport size pictures. It was taken within the last three months, according to the Schengen Visa Photo Requirements.
- Valid Passport. That has at least two blank pages, and a three-month validity from the date you plan to leave Schengen. It will not accept passports older than ten years or extended passports.
- The Invitation Letter. By the relative/friend residing in a Schengen country, with a copy of their Passport attached. If the friend is not a Schengen country citizen, then a copy of the residency permit will be required as well.
- Proof of your booking for a round trip or itinerary. The dates and flight numbers with entry and exit from Schengen should be there in the document. You can use services such as this to get visa consultation.
- Schengen Insurance on Travel. A confirmation letter from your health insurance. You are stating emergency medical treatment coverage amounting to at least €30,000. It should include the repatriation in the event of death.
- The Itinerary of Travel. A detailed description of your trip, the purpose of your trip. The time you spend and all your personal information.
- Subsistence Means. You will need to prove that you have enough money during your stay in the Schengen Zone. It is to support yourself financially. It could be one of these:
- Statements from bank accounts.
- Letter of Sponsorship. A letter from another person who is willing to pay all of your expenses within the Schengen area. Their bank statements must accompany it. To prove that they have the means to do so, this letter is valid.
- A blend of both.
- Proof of lodgings. It could be one of these:
- House / Flat of a family member, a relative, or a friend who invites you.
- You are reserving a hotel/hostel. With the place name, its full address, and other contact details as phone and e-mail address. The dates that you will be staying there should also be included.
- Contract Rent. If you rented a room/apartment/house in the country you are visiting in.
- Evidence of employment status.
- If employed:
- The contract for employment,
- Leave the Employer’s Permission
- The return of income tax
- Proof of employment status.
- If self-employed:
- A copy of your license to do business,
- The last six months of the company’s bank statement
- Return on Income Tax (ITR)
- If a student:
- Proof of Registration &
- Letter from University of No Objection
- Minor travelers:
- Certificate of Birth
- Suppose accompanied by one parent, a minor. An initial notarized NOC by the other parent should be provided. Copies of passports or ID for parents are also mandatory.
- A minor traveling alone must provide both parents with an original notarized NOC.
Where to submit applications for a Schengen Visitor Visa?
Suppose you would like to visit your family or members of your family residing in one of the Schengen states. You’ll need to apply in your country of origin. Where you should use is determined by the number of nations you plan to visit.
Suppose you are visiting one of the Schengen countries only. Then apply to your country of residence at its competent authorities, which may be:
- Their Embassy
- Their Consulate
- A visa center to which this nation has outsourced the submission of visas
- Another country’s embassy/consulate. The country you are visiting has outsourced your visa application to
How long does it take to get a visa for visitors to Schengen?
You will have to wait at least 15 calendar days. To receive a response to your Family or Friends Visiting Schengen Visa application. Around the world, the Schengen visa processing time is approximately two weeks.
Still, your application may take longer to process, depending on your case. The embassies take 30 days to process a visa in specific cases. Whereas in extraordinary instances, you’ll have to wait 60 calendar days.
How long is the Visa valid for Schengen visitors?
Your Schengen Visa for Visiting Family or Friends in Europe. It is valid depending on the embassy/consulate that issued a visa to you. The Schengen visa may be obtained with a maximum validity of 90 days per six months.
However, it is specified on the Schengen visa sticker that is glued into your Passport. If you have trouble reading your visa sticker, check How to Read the Schengen Visa Sticker.
If you plan to stay for more than 90 days in Europe, you should apply for a residence permit.