If you live in Mauritius, opening a bank account may be useful. Since it will allow you to manage your funds. The following is a guide to banking in Mauritius.
Non-Mauritian citizens can also open a bank account in Mauritius. Although for routine transactions, online banking, transfers, and withdrawals.
If you have a savings account. You will get a debit card for ATM withdrawals and direct debit payments.
How to Open a Bank Account In Mauritius?
To start a current account in the local currency. You must submit the following information:
- A copy of your passport and any necessary visas
- A utility bill (CEB, CWA, etc.) in your name as evidence of address.
After that, you’ll get a chequebook, a debit card, and access to internet banking.
The needed least deposit varies depending on the bank. In general, it ranges from Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 5,000.
Accounts in Foreign Currency
Both citizens and non-residents can open foreign currency current accounts. Foreign currency accounts can only receive funds via local and international bank transfers. Fixed-rate or variable-rate interest is also paid on foreign currency accounts.
The least deposit is the Smallest deposit required for interest gain
1,000 2,000 EUR
1,000 to 2,000 USD
500 to 2,000 GBP
1.500 CHF, 7.500 CHF
What Benefits Does a Bank Account in Mauritius Provide a Foreigner?
A private non-resident bank account in Mauritius allows you to make quick payments on commercial transactions to Asian or African partners. When you create a bank account in Mauritius, you have access to a wide range of banking and financial services, as well as e-commerce options.
So, here is a summary of the primary benefits that a Mauritius bank account provides its holder:
- Access to a comprehensive range of financial products, from credit cards to internet banking;
- Individualized service; Confidentiality; Remote account management; Free online banking; SWIFT payments;
- Bank transfers inside the nation are free of charge.
- Fees are low.
- The ability for up to three individuals to login to online banking.
- The ability to use a chequebook.
- English-speaking assistance; access to trust and counselling services; a wide range of tailored credit products
The following is a list of the major banks in Mauritius
- Sir William Newton Street, Port-Louis Phone: (230) 202 50 00 Fax: (230) 208 70 54 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.mcb.mu
Hours of operation:
- State Bank of Mauritius 1, Avenue Queen Elizabeth II Port Louis Tel: (230) 202 11 11 Fax: (230) 202 12 34 Email: email@example.com
- Banque des Mascareignes Maeva Tower Ltd, 9th floor, Cnr Silicon Avenue & Bank Street Cybercity, 72201 Phone: (230) 207 10 00 Fax: (230) 210 23 00 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barclays Bank 68-68A, Cybercity Ebène Phone: (230) 402 10 00 Fax: (230) 465 20 00 E-mail: email@example.com