When you want to write an article for a website, follow these simple steps. These steps are a simple editorial process. This is the editorial process that we use at ALinks , please help us to improve it.
Try to write an article with someone else. Follow this editorial process with another person, they can be called the editor and you can be the author. At every step exchange ideas with your editor. Ask for help if you struggle with any of the following steps.
- Find an idea, that is interesting, for you and your audience, and, if possible, that drives traffic. Ask for help if you struggle with this first step.
- Look for a key phrase or a group of keywords, that can match that idea.
- Search your chosen key phrase and search for articles that talk about your key phrase.
- Write an article that is better than those articles. Use them as sources, and go deeper. The word count is normally between 800 words and 1200 words but you can just write 400 words if you just want to test whether an idea is interesting for your audience.
- Make sure your article is unique and not plagiarised.
- Write your sources in the article.
- Make sure your article follows a Hemingway writing style. This is important for the automatic translation of each article to be good.
- Use Grammarly or any other tool to check your grammar.
- Do some basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO): match the url with the keyphrase, insert the keyphrase many times in the article.
- Work with your editor, let them check and improve your writing.
- Finally, publish it.
- Check the translations whether they are good.
- Keep track of your article, with Google console, and see how readers respond.
Find more details about this editorial process below.
How to write an article for a website?
This is, in more details, an editorial process that you can follow. All ALinks volunteers have developed this editing process together. Please help us to improve it with suggestions.
Develop a question, an idea, or an argument, for a new article
Do you have an audience, a city, or a country, or else? Which city, country or location you want to work with?
Do you have a keyphrase? Do you have a group of keywords that can be relevant to what you want to talk about and or that can generate traffic to our website?
Do you know the keyphrase traffic? and other stats (for example SD)?
Have you found a good reference article, or two articles, that ranges in the top 10 google searches?
Write an article
Use your main reference article to write your new article. You can start with Quillbot to paraphrase each paragraph.
Check your writing, grammar, and syntax, from the start. Use Grammarly and Hemingway, both of them, to tell you what is not clear in your grammar and syntax. Use Quillbot for suggestions on how to change it. Use Qullbot when you struggle to paraphrase some content or when you want ideas to rewrite your content. The long yellow lines and the short and long red lines must disappear to reach a low grade with Hemingway (6 or less) and 100% score with Grammarly (95% or more).
Check Quillbot Hemingway and Grammarly t reach a 98-100% Grammarly score and the highest you can on Hemingway. We have a premium on Quillbot so ask for details in slack.
Keep writing your article until it has reached the quality of articles in the top 10 searches, try to use two or more reference articles? Use information from other ranking articles
Keep the word count above 600 words at least but try to go longer as much as you deem necessary
Use the keyphrase naturally in your title, headlines, and text. Do it naturally and don’t force it.
Write, within the text, links to your main reference, and all other references.
Write a good introduction that can be used as a snippet introduction and also used for your meta description.
Take care of your article’s pictures. Find here more information about images and SEO.
OK now that’s you done writing make sure to do all the below things before you send it to your editor for review.
- Make sure your article is more interesting than your reference article, for example, it has a bigger word count.
- Check your grammar and your writing with Quillbot, Hemingway, and Grammarly.
The long yellow lines and the short and long red lines must disappear at the end to reach a good score with Hemingway and Grammarly.
– Try to reach the highest you can on Hemingway, normally lower than 6, Write the Hemingway grade of this article.
– Work on your to reach a 98-100% Grammarly score. Write the Grammarly score of this article.
– Reach 100% of uniqueness and no plagiarism.
- Check your unique score, use duplichecker or else.
- Choose a picture we can set as a featured image. Choose a picture or just compose something with. Canvas, or just choose a picture of a texture or a solid color you like. This is not relevant for ranking on top of Google searches, so don’t overthink it.
- Put the exact keyphrase in the picture reference alt text.
- Caption the picture with references to the picture’s author and to the sources of the picture.
- Use your keyphrase exactly as the URL of your article.
- Choose the appropriate categories. Normally it’s the country you are writing about and another one of these categories.
- Put some tags if you want but also no tags are ok. Think about your audience or any other keywords that can be useful to find this article.
- Write your introduction in a snippet introduction form.
Review with your editor
Review one or more translations
Check whether all words are translated and see if your content is readable even in the other language. If your content is not readable, change, and make the original English simpler.
Write in G Translate the number of automatic translations that you managed to check, 1 or 2 or more.
Publish and monitor your article ranking
Guidelines for articles
These are some broad guidelines on
Write an Introduction at the end
The introduction must be written at the end.
Write answers to common question related to your keyphrase
How to get a job in … country, city, region or state ?
A paragraph on what you need to do get a job. As if you need to find a job first or you need to apply for a visa to travel to the country. The heading of this paragraph could be ‘How to get a job in … ‘
How to get a work permit in …
A paragraph on how to get a work permit for that country if you do need one. The heading of this paragraph could be ‘How to get a work permit in … ‘
How to find a job in …
A paragraph can be a list of popular job sites for a country. These job sites can be found at similarweb. Classified websites can be considered
Write about social media groups that can help out
Write about recruitment agencies who can help out finding job in this country
Write about finding a job in different ways, not just online. Like through walking around town or networking.
Common related questions you can write about
What is the lowest salary in … country, city, region or state?
Does … country, city, region or state … need unskilled workers?
Examples of popular articles we have written about jobs
Examples of keyphrases that we used so far
How to get a job in Turkey
How to get a job in Amsterdam
How to find a job in Chile
How to find work in Pakistan
How to open a bank account
About get around
About useful links