For reasons such as its elegance, the Maldives is known as “the tropical paradise.” This tropical country has islands that are isolated, and its lagoon surrounds the islands. Every island has beaches of pure white sand. The sea covers 99 percent of the Maldives and is where beautiful fish and corals can be seen.
All nationalities can be issued a tourist visa upon arrival in the Maldives. As such, no pre-approval for a permit is needed for a foreigner traveling to the Maldives as a tourist. However, to get immigration clearance upon arrival, the person must fulfill the necessary entry requirements.
How to apply for a Maldives visa for Indians?
We already know that on arrival, the Maldives will issue visas that are valid for a month. You have to log in to the website and search for changes to the daily procedure. After you reach Male, you need to produce some of the documents to get the visa, such as
- Verified tickets when your trip finishes traveling from the Maldives.
- A valid passport with an expiry date of 6 months from the date of arrival in the Maldives.
- Verified booking of the hotel and the vouchers that validate the same. At the immigration counter, you would have to demonstrate the same thing.
- The Immigration Department still reserves the right to grant you a stay of fewer than 30 days. A written submission, two days before your visa expiry, must be submitted if you wish to extend your stay. You might then get new visa approval for the next 60 days or less, as the need may be. The application or request for a visa may be denied or accepted by the department.
Do Indians need a visa for the Maldives?
No pre-arrival visa is required for Indian nationals visiting the Maldives as a tourist to enter the Maldives. On arrival at Male airport, Indian citizens are given a free Maldives Tourist Visa valid for approximately ninety days.
Maldives Visa Required Documents:
- Original passport of at least six months validity
- and a minimum of 3 blank pages + all old tickets if available.
- 2 Latest color photograph scanning. (Specification for Photo);
- Verified return tickets or onward flights
- Evidence of accommodation (hotel reservation or letter of invitation while visiting anyone in the Maldives)
- Letter of invitation from the host company (for a business visa)
- Have ample funds to cover expenses for the duration of your stay in Maldives (approximately US$ 50 a day)
What are the eligibility requirements for an entry visa for the Maldives?
Travelers must meet the following conditions:
- Have a valid passport, and to continue the journey from the Maldives, have a valid visa.
- Have ample funds to cover the costs for the duration of your stay in the Maldives. (US$ 100+$50 a day) or (US$ 100+$50 dollars a day)
- Confirmation of a tourist destination or hotel reservation.
- Letter of invitation and any other original documents to complement your visit (for business travelers).
How long is a visa valid for the Maldives?
A Tourist Visa enables you to stay for 30 days in the Maldives but can be extended for a further duration of 60 days.
The full 30-day visa is not the passenger’s right to demand, but it is at the discretion of the Immigration not to grant more than thirty days and less than thirty days for any time.
What is the cost of a Maldivian visa?
A tourist visa issued on arrival for a period of 30 days is completely free of charge, but a fee of INR 3350 (or MVR 750) must be charged for a full term of 90 days in the event of an extension of the visa.
Tourist Visa Maldives processing time
On arrival, you get a visa, but, as such, there is no processing period. It’s just that the Immigration and Emigration Department will review the specifics of your stay. If they find all in place, they will permit you to have the time of your life.
Is there a Maldivian Arrival Visa for Indian Citizens?
To enter another country, everyone needs a visa, but luckily, some countries like the Maldives provide permits on arrival. The facility is entirely cost-free. The Maldives is one of those liberal nations that annually draws tourists. But it is wise that one should check with the visa office for the details. The rules can change at times.
Travel Insurance Guide
Travel Insurance is designed to assist you in blow-and-bust times. Buying travel insurance will not avert your misfortune, but it will be of great benefit. The Maldives is an island of coral where individuals go for full relaxation and pleasure. Imagine losing your wallet or even your passport during this time.
Especially when you are in a mood of enjoyment, it can give you a knock. I’m sure you would be pushed to be decisive enough to buy travel insurance by this very thought of hassle and lines.
- The Maldives is perfect for water sports, and underwater life is explored by all those who visit the island. There may be changes during the procedure that you may get injured and need some medical support. Your travel policy will cover the charges for you.
- Imagine that as soon as you arrive at the airport, you know that someone else has taken your bag from the baggage counter by accident. Your clothing and other possessions were all there. Thankfully, you’ve got the money, but your Travel Insurance Policy will pay you for the stolen or misplaced bag.
- Your travel policy will, if there is any, protect your accidental medical emergencies. So, the idea is not to be reckless, but not to worry over any medical assistance.
- For some circumstances, such as a relative’s death, if you cannot start your trip and you need to cancel the tickets immediately, your travel insurance will cover it for you.
Consider that during any operation, and now you can not move because of the pain or fracture if you get hurt. You do not want to get treatment in the Maldives, and you wish to return to India. For Emergency Medical Evacuation, the Travel Policy would protect you.
If you ever happen to injure any third-party property, you will be compensated by Maldives Travel Insurance for that liability incurred.
What is the Health Declaration?
The Maldives Health Declaration is an official document in which you can confirm your health status and provide you and your travel to the Maldives with more information. The authorities have enforced this method.
Documents needed to apply
- Image Claimant.
- A current existing passport with a validity of at least 6 months.
- A credit/debit card or an account with PayPal.