Long a North American favorite holiday destination, Mexico is also becoming popular. Includes visitors from Europe, to enjoy the country’s limitless sunshine, gorgeous sandy beaches, etc… The ancient Aztec sites and historic colonial cities are so significant in Mexico. Thus, many have listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Yet, ensuring they remain untouched for centuries to come. Including places like Guanajuato, Chichén Itzá are as popular as traditional beach holiday resorts like Cancún, Puerto Vallarta, etc…So here is the brief description of Top Tourists Attractions in Mexico.
1. Chichen Itza
- Chichen Itza was a large pre-Columbian town founded during the Classic Terminal period.
- The site shows a multitude of architectural styles, reminiscent of the styles. And also the styles of Puuc and Chenes in the Northern Mayan Lowlands. A famous day trip for those visiting Cancún and Playa del Carmen or Mérida’s Yucatán capital, the magnificent Mayan town of Chichén Itzá is one of the most visited archeological sites in Mexico, as well as one of the largest and best restored.
- A visit to this UNESCO World Heritage Site has many highlights. A must-see here is the huge El Castillo, also known as the Kukulkán Pyramid.
2. Copper Canyon: Mexico’s Grand Canyon
Copper Canyon is a group of six distinct canyons in the Sierra Madre Occidental in northwestern Mexico, in the southwestern portion of the state of Chihuahua. Six rivers created the canyons, which drain the western side of the Sierra Tarahumara. Both six rivers combine into the Rio Fuerte and drain into the Californian Gulf. The canyon walls are a copper / green color that is the name’s root. Due to the growing popularity of the area as a travel destination, there are many options available for those who wish to explore this area of exceptional natural beauty, from scenic rail trips aboard the Chihuahua al Pacífico railway to more adventurous bike or even horseback excursions.
- Guanajuato, the Free and Equal State of Guanajuato (Spanish: Estado Libre y Soberano de Guanajuato), is one of 31 states that are Mexico’s 32 federal territories, along with Mexico City. Yet divided into 46 municipalities, and its capital is Guanajuato. It is one of the Top Tourists Attractions in Mexico.
- The state’s main city is León. Guanajuato located in central Mexico. Although, bordered to the west by Jalisco states, to the northwest by Zacatecas, to the north by San Luis Potosí, to the east by Querétaro and to the south by Michoacán. This occupies a land area of 30,608 km2 (1,818 sq mi).
- University settled by the Spanish due to the mineral deposits found around Guanajuato. But areas such as the Bajío region soon became important for farming and livestock.
It is a small city and administrative center of a Taxco de Alarcón municipality headquartered in Guerrero province, Mexico.
- However, travelers with a passion for silver jewelry will gravitate to this place, a colonial town famous for silverworks, especially jewelry. Located in the state of northern Guerrero, This place was once the New World’s most significant mining region.
- Today its streets paved with stones, big colonial houses with balconies full of colorful houses, small squares and silver workshops make this one of Mexico’s most popular places to visit. Churches offer fantastic examples of baroque architecture, such as Santa Prisca. Holy Week is a good time to visit this due to its All Saints processions, in which people display their faith.
Puebla, Estado Libre y Soberano de Puebla, is among 31 states that make up Mexico’s 32 Federal Entities. In addition, Puebla is divided into 217 municipalities and its capital. Located in Mexico Centrally-East.
Founded in 1531, Puebla is the country’s fifth-largest city with a 2 million population. Its strategic position, halfway between Veracruz port and Mexic has made it a significant area. This charming city with hungry travelers as regarded as Mexico’s gastronomic capital. with its onyx statues and dome ceiling patterned after St. Peter’s in Rome. The nearby town of Cholula boasts one of the largest pyramids ever constructed, but over the centuries the structure was badly ignored. So hope by reading this you can know about Top Tourists Attractions in Mexico.