US for Chinese

Us visa for Chinese

The U.S. Mission to China understands that many visa applicants have paid the processing fee for visa applications. And they are only waiting for a visa appointment to be scheduled. Rest assured, meanwhile, that the U.S. mission will extend the validity of your payment until 31 December 2021. To allow all applicants who have not been able to schedule a visa appointment due to the suspension of regular consular operations to schedule and/or attend a visa appointment with a fee already paid. For updates about when we are going to return to normal visa operations, please continue monitoring this blog.


Both Consular Facilities in the U.S. The Consulate General of Chengdu, China, was suspended until further notice, and all scheduled visa appointments were canceled. The visa applications that were in progress there until services were suspended were sent to the U.S. In Beijing, the Consulate. For further guidance, please contact the visa call center. For any applicant who has not yet been interviewed but has paid an MRV visa application fee for an appointment in Chengdu, please follow the online instructions to arrange an appointment in the U.S. Beijing embassy or one of the other U.S. In China, consulates.


Study Visa for Chinese


The United States accepts foreign nationals who come to study in the United States. All student visa applicants are expected to be admitted and approved by their school or program before applying for a visa. Educational institutions will provide each applicant with the appropriate approval documents to be submitted when applying for a student visa once they have been admitted.


Descriptions of Visas and Qualifications


Visa F-1


This is the most prevalent form of visa for students. You need an F-1 visa if you choose to participate in academic studies in the United States at an accepted institution, such as an accredited U.S. college or university, private high school, or an accepted English language program.



Visa M-1


You need an M-1 visa if you intend to enroll in non-academic or technical studies or training at a U.S. institution.


You can find more detail about both of these visas and study opportunities in the United States on the Education USA website.



Applicant Can Apply


120-day rule: Please note that an F or M visa can be issued only 120 days before the start/report date stated on Form I-20.


30-day rule: All F or M student visa recipients should be informed that the Department of Homeland Security regulations must all initial or beginning students to join the U.S. 30 days or less before the start/report date of the program. Entry at the port of entry may be refused to visa holders traveling to the U.S. before this date. When making your travel arrangements to the U.S., please remember this date carefully. Please ask your school to update the program start date in the SEVIS system. If your program start date listed on the I-20 is already past or you will be unable to meet that date.



Please note that the 120- 30-day rules do not protect continuing students. Continuing students can at any time apply for a new visa as long as their status in the U.S. has been preserved and their SEVIS records are current. At any time before their classes/programs start, continuing students may also join the U.S.


How to Apply for

Phase 1–Step 1

Fill out the Electronic Application for Nonimmigrant Visa (DS-160) form.


Phase 2 — Step 2

Charge the processing fee for a visa.


Phase 3 — Step 3

On this web page, schedule your appointment. To schedule your appointment, you need the following three pieces of information:


  • Your number for a visa.
  • Receipt number from your receipt of the Visa Fee. If you need help locating this number, click here.
  • The barcode number of ten ( 10) digits on your DS-160 confirmation tab.


Phase 4 — Step 4


  • On the date and time of your visa interview, visit the embassy. Don’t forget to take these things scanned copies of your letter of appointment. 
  • Your DS-160 confirmation page, one photograph taken in the last six months.
  •  And your new and all your old passports must be carried with you. 
  • Applications will not be approved without any of these products.

Welfare benefits

Derivative F or M visas are required for spouses and/or unmarried children under 21. Who wishes to go with or enter the principal visa holder in the U.S. for the duration of their stay. For parents of holders of F or M, there is no derivative visa.


Family members who do not want to live with the principal visa holder in the United States. But instead, plan to visit for holidays may be able to apply for visitor (B-2) visas.


Spouses and dependents cannot operate on a Derivative F or M visa in the United States. The spouse must get the required work visa if your spouse/child seeks employment.


Documents of Help for Dependents

Applicants with dependents are also expected to provide:


  • Evidence of the student’s link (e.g., marriage and birth certificates) to their spouse and/or child.
  • Families should apply for their visas at the same time. But if the spouse and/or child have to apply separately at a later time. They should also bring a copy of the passport and visa of the student visa holder, along with all other necessary documents.

Student Visas Validity After a Research Break


As explained below, students who have been away from classes for more than five months must apply for it. And get a new F-1 or M-1 student visa to return to school after traveling abroad.



Within the United States, students.


A student (F-1 or M-1) can lose that status if, under immigration law, they do not resume studies within five months of schools’ transition. If a student loses citizenship, the student’s F or M visa will also be invalid for potential travel back to the United States unless USCIS reinstates the student’s citizenship. For more detail, see the USCIS website and instructions for requesting reinstatement of status on the Application for Extend / Change of Nonimmigrant Status Form I-539.




Students-Travel Overseas and return to the United States


If their activities abroad are linked to their course of study, students who leave the United States for a study break of five months or more can lose their F-1 or M-1 status. Students will want to consult with their appointed school officials in advance of the trip if there is a doubt about whether their behavior is relevant to their study course.




When a returning student who has been outside the United States and out of student status for more than five months presents a before used, unexpired F-1 or M-1 visa to the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) immigration inspector at the port of entry, a CBP immigration inspector may find the student inadmissible for not possessing a valid non-immigrant visa. After granting the student permission to withdraw the application for admission, the CBP can also cancel the visa. It is therefore advisable for students, before moving to the United States, to apply for new visas at an Embassy or Consulate-General abroad to return to their studies after an absence of more than five months that is not relevant to their course of study.